Cement and Concrete based coatings
We offer a wide range of flooring options for our clients to select from, including Cemcrete which is a cement and concrete based coating suitable for floors, walls, ceilings, pools, bathrooms and counter tops.
Cemcrete is a specialised range of cement and concrete based coatings used to create beautiful flooring for any home or business. Cemcrete flooring installed by an experienced contractor will provide a surface that will last for many years, especially when protected by a good-quality sealer. While Cemcrete floors are relatively easy to care for when compared with other types of flooring, they do require some maintenance. How much maintenance your floor will need largely depends on the amount of traffic it receives. View the official website for Cemcrete Manufacturer.
Cemcrete flooring Resealing
How often your Cemcrete flooring needs to be resealed, depends on the type of sealer used and the amount of traffic the floor is exposed to. If you have a high amount of traffic or perhaps severe weather conditions, you may experience a shorter lifespan. Use Cemcrete’s Floor Polish Stripper before resealing. If you used polish on your floors, remove the layers of polish with Cemcrete’s Floor Polish Stripper and then apply polish again.
Benefits of Cemcrete flooring:
- Decorative cement-based flooring is the perfect example of a synergy between beauty, sustainability and economy, which will last the life of your home.
- Cement is naturally an extremely durable product.
- It offers sheer strength which makes it the most crucial element on any construction site.
- Cement-based floor products offer the same durability and strength as the rest of your building therefore generating tremendous longevity.
- Once installed and finished off with the correct sealer, your new cement-based floor is very easy to clean and maintain; only requiring damp mopping.
- A good quality sealer is applied to help resist water, stains, dirt and abrasives.
- Cemcrete offers a range of different sealers for various applications and needs. We also offer a CreteCare range of floor maintenance products, making caring for your floor that much easier.
- The number of colours, combinations and design in each product range makes Cemcrete’s cement-based floors a definite choice for any space; office, home, hotel, retail, warehousing and more.
- Cemcrete offers a range of various colours for each floor product, and with the addition of CreteStain for even more colour options, as well as various sealers to add further effects (gloss, matt, slip-resistance, colour enhancement, and so on) you can never be let down on variety.
- Cement-based floors such as Cemcrete’s rarely need replacement especially if properly installed and maintained.
Decorative cement floors won’t hold any odours such as pets’ urine, nor harbour dust, fleas and mites which can lead to allergies.
- Decorative cement floor coatings are also non-toxic in that they do not emit any VOC’s (volatile organic compounds).
Cement has an extremely high thermal mass and is therefore good at absorbing and retaining heat during the day, and radiating it out at night when temperatures fall. In winter, using heaters in a room of cement based coatings means that once the heater is turned off, the heat is stored in the coating for some time. This lowers the usage of heating units and thus saves electricity. A fireplace will also warm up cement floors in the same way. Due to the smooth, sleek surface of cement-based coatings, other insulating items such as throw rugs and larger carpets can be used as extra heat insulation.
Underfloor heating can be used with Cemcrete’s Colour Hardener floor finish. Various types of underfloor heating can also be used with cement floors, for example:
- Radiant heating cables in cement floors
- Water heating tubes installed beneath the screed
Cement is not a flexible, therefore during heating and cooling so expansion and contraction takes place and you run the risk of the floor cracking. However, using slow and gradual heating solutions and rather leaving them on for the duration of winter can minimise this risk as the floor is exposed to less erratic temperatures.
Property RenovationsHouse Renovations, Building Contractor, House Building Construction NHBRC...
Ceilings & Partitioning Installations, Repairs and Maintenance Ceilings & partitioning...
Gas Fire Pit Johannesburg Gas fire pit construction in Johannesburg. Professional construction of...